Wednesday, March 12, 2014

IN THE BAG

I'm not tremendously good at relaxing.  Actually, I'm really pretty lousy at relaxing.  Not one to give up on a challenge, however, I'm taking some time off in the hope of getting back into painting and writing while also escaping this miserable winter.  

What one takes to read while on vacation is incredibly important.  It really does set the tone and, as such, I think I have just the right tomes packed.  Twyla Tharp: The Creative Habit is my "go to" when I need to snap out of the creative doldrums.  I'm a huge admirer of Jackson Pollock as well as Lee Krasner, the woman who shared his life....seemingly, no small feat.  I was thrilled to happen upon this biography of Krasner by Gail Levin and intend to enjoy each and every page while soaking up some sun.


No comments:

Post a Comment